First Person Shooter Video Game – Titanfall 2
There is no doubt that the First Person Shooter (FPS) video game genre is getting bigger and bigger every year. With this ever-expanding genre comes many new innovative games and Titanfall 2 is one of them. In Titanfall 2, you take control of a Titan Pilot, a trained soldier capable of piloting the Titans, which are twenty foot tall machines designed for solely for waging war.
While mainly a multiplayer game, this new Titanfall game does also come with a single player campaign for those who prefer to play alone. Titanfall 2 brings six brand new classes of Titans – Northstar, Ronin, Scorch, Ion, Legion, and Tone.
Each of these six classes of machine play differently and have their own unique abilities:
- Northstar – the ‘sniper’ Titan
- Capable of hovering, flying, and trapping other Titans with its tether mines. Very lightweight
- Its rifle is designed to be used at a long range accurately for critical hits.
- Ronin – acts like a hit-and-run Titan,
- Hands out large amounts of damage in quick bursts but limited to melee
- Use its abilities to slow enemies down and dash to avoid fire
- Scorch – name says it all
- Uses fire both offensively and defensively but is primarily an offensive fighter.
- Very slow, so should stay out of the way of the fight and do damage from a distance
- Ion – a very powerful fighter
- Equipped with lasers, it can deal huge amounts of very precise damage
- Has a vortex shield, which lets it capture incoming bullets and fire them back at the enemy
- Legion – a very strong defensive Titan
- Equipped with a shield and a predator cannon
- Tone – an offensive rocketeer
- Equipped with a 40mm cannon, a protective shield, and a rocket barrage.
Titanfall 2 has received amazing reviews from the critics, including a 4.5/5 from GamesRadar, a 9.5/10 from GameInformer, and a 90/100 from GameSpot.
Titanfall 2 is available in several different editions: Standard, Deluxe, OGIO, and Vanguard:
- Standard is just the basic game
- Deluxe comes with extra cosmetic options for your Titans
- The OGIO edition includes a backpack with Velcro Titanfall badges on it
- Vanguard includes the Deluxe edition, a Pilot’s field journal, a dog tag flash drive, morale patches, a Shemagh scarf, and a fully functioning and wearable 1:1 replica of a Pilot’s helmet, with a rail system, flashlights and laser sights, and light up blue faceplate!
Titanfall 2 has no paid DLC – meaning that all maps and weapons DLC that are released will be available to everyone for free.
Titanfall 2 is available for Xbox One, PS4, and PC.
Buy it now from Amazon using the by clicking on the link below that corresponds your games console: