If you are looking to gain more freedom in your life and you already have an existing online business what is the best way to achieve it? This is very much an introductory article on this topic and I plan to extend this into a series of more detailed discussions on each of the concepts introduced here.
It is important to decide why having freedom is important to you and what it would look like if you were able to achieve it. A popular concept today is to try and sack yourself as the CEO of your own business! So what does this mean? If you want to have more freedom this usually means one of two things, either spending less time on your business or making it location independent. For me, it is about improving my online business such that I can have the freedom to work more flexible hours and, as a result, be able to work in different locations while pursuing business growth.
Spending Less Time On Your Business
- Implement systems and processes to reduce the effort that some tasks take
- Automate aspects of your business, such as order processing.
- Employ some staff to carry out tasks within your business. You can employ staff directly or use virtual assistants.
- Outsource parts of your business.
- Ensure that your business model allows you to operate it from anywhere (well at least anywhere that has an Internet connection).
- Consider using some or all of the same approaches as described above to reduce your own involvement in the business.
It’s fairly easy to see that the approaches you need to take to improve your online business to allow you to either spend less time on it or be location independent are, in fact, basically the same. So why is freedom important to you?
This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 2 http://suitcaseentrepreneur.com/10-day-blog-challenge/10dbc-day-2